According to statistics and our extensive experience working on the ground, youth illiteracy rates are very high in Syria, especially in refugee camps where young children were born into war and displacement. Children have extremely limited opportunities, if any, to go to school or develop basic literacy or numeracy skills elsewhere.
- Enable students to read and write simple words and sentences.
- Enable students to recognize numbers and conduct basic calculations.
- Increase awareness about the importance of education among students and parents.
The target groups
- Children aged 8 to 15 years
- Children who do not have any reading or writing skills
- Children who are completely out of school for 3 years or more